Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Monday 3/15/10

Today was an AWESOME day! We finished the first day of our state reading test, and I feel like everything went perfectly! We started a fun art project AND we had a surprise assembly. This afternoon, a NJCAA team from Howard, TX - the Howard Hawks - came and talked to the kids about responsibility, family, character, staying in school, and (of course!) basketball. They demonstrated slam dunking, and they even took some student volunteers out of the audience and lifted them up so that the kids could dunk, too!  They told us that their tallest player who came to visit was 6'10"!  I'm going to try to link some of the photos from the assembly here on the blog!
Just a reminder that the kids voted to wear green shirts tomorrow (for St. Patrick's Day) and blue shirts on Thursday - our class is dressing like a team on our testing days! (I love our class spirit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a teacher, mother, wife of a drag racer, and avid reader who dreams of winning the lottery so that I can travel as exorbitantly as I wish.